Sirius Xm Radio - Sirius XM Wont Refund Unauthorized Charges
I am going through a scenario where Sirius XM charged a credit card that had been expired for 10 months. By the time I found out about it on my credit report my credit rating had dropped from a 725 to a 622. I am currently under contract buying my first home, and this low credit score is virtually making it impossible to get a home loan. First time calling Sirius, they wouldn't issue a refund due to the credit card being expired, even though they charged it without having the newer expiration date, they would not issue a refund without the newer expiration.
The lady I spoke with agreed to refund the amount, but tried to sell me on receiving a check in the mail. Obviously that won't work since the charges from the credit card wouldn't be resolved and dismissed as the credit company promised they would do…allowing me to contact the 3 credit bureaus with a letter from my credit card explaining the mishap on a card where I have never missed a payment.
I paid my credit card company to overnight me a new card since they couldn't provide the newer expiration date over the phone, and it takes 7 – 10 business days via snail mail. After paying $30 for shipping, I received the new credit card the next day and called Sirius back. I first called at 8:45 AM central, right when I arrived at work. After an hour of explaining my situation to a subordinate, she informs me that a check was already issued. I about lost it it since the anxiety of not being able to resolve this credit snapfu was through the roof prior to the call. I was transferred over to a supervisor. The supervisor said that I was to be refunded money to the credit card, and that someone from new york main office would be calling me to handle this, since they were unable to process refunds without approval from corporate head quarters. Total time spent on the phone = 1.5 hours. Believing the man, I waited till 5 PM. No call. I called back. After being transferred 3 times, I got another supervisor who was adamant that New York would call me in the next two hours. Sure enough…no call. Total time on phone = 1 hour. In addition, the supervisor provided me with a case number, and I wrote it down. He also promised to watch the case to insure it was handled and resolved.
Today, I waited till 3 PM to call, and was told that there were no notes on the account related to the case number provided. I about had a heart attack. I explained the situation, and was put on hold for half an hour. The supervisor got on the phone, and was able to locate the notes on the file. He again offered to provide a check, and when I declined, he informed me that it may take up to 10 days for someone in New York to get in touch with me. Time on phone = 1.5 hours
For real, I have 5 k in earnest money down on my first home. I have 3 weeks to secure a home loan and really have no idea what to do if Sirius doesn't refund my credit card so I can clear my name with the three credit bureaus. This is affecting my well being as well as my mental stability. And I thought the hard part was finding a decent home to want to move into that wasn't way over valued by the owner and in need of tons of repairs. This has been the most absurd thing I have ever had to deal with, and I wish they would stop lying and refund me the funds as they have promised repeatedly.
Please let me know if anyone can help or offer suggestions as to what I can do to resolve this quickly.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Approximately eight weeks ago white dots began appearing on my Samsung DLP TV. What first began as two dots has grown to a dozen with more emerging daily. ..."
- "Directv account number:76802935 Within the past 7 months I have encountered a repetitive problem with Directv's install that has caused damage to my Yamaha A.V.R. and Mitsubishi TV. The first time..."
- "15 hrs ago i made a post in regards to direct tv making an Unaurthorized transaction on my account, i had No Contract, No ties, No links to direct tv,..."
- "The company charges you $90.00 a year and promises you if you get the premium membership you will have a better chance of being cast in a Hollywood movie which..."
- "I had to have pockets sewed back together. The pants are fraying at the bottom of the legs AND the belt loops. Normally Dockers have served me well but in..."
- "We had LeafFilter installed and received a lifetime warranty for the system. Six years later the filter screen pulled away and off of a gutter (see picture). We..."
- "Here is my story: I went down to ikea in brooklyn, was going to make a new office, spend more than $1000 on office furniture. Beside waiting on that aufull..."
- "I took my car in for a manufacture defect that falls under the warranty of 3 years or 36,000 miles. My car has 33,370 miles on and hasn't went over..."
- "It's bad enough to be towed, but being towed from a business when you are an actual consumer is a beat down. Someone overcharging you against their posted rates claiming..."