I am going through a scenario where Sirius XM charged a credit card that had been expired for 10 months. By the time I found out about it on my credit report my credit rating had dropped from a 725 to a 622. I am currently under contract buying my first home, and this low credit score is virtually making it impossible to get a home loan. First time calling Sirius, they wouldn't issue a refund due to the credit card being expired, even though they charged it without having the newer expiration date, they would not issue a refund without the newer expiration.
The lady I spoke with agreed to refund the amount, but tried to sell me on receiving a check in the mail. Obviously that won't work since the charges from the credit card wouldn't be resolved and dismissed as the credit company promised they would do…allowing me to contact the 3 credit bureaus with a letter from my credit card explaining the mishap on a card where I have never missed a payment.
I paid my credit card company to overnight me a new card since they couldn't provide the newer expiration date over the phone, and it takes 7 – 10 business days via snail mail. After paying $30 for shipping, I received the new credit card the next day and called Sirius back. I first called at 8:45 AM central, right when I arrived at work. After an hour of explaining my situation to a subordinate, she informs me that a check was already issued. I about lost it it since the anxiety of not being able to resolve this credit snapfu was through the roof prior to the call. I was transferred over to a supervisor. The supervisor said that I was to be refunded money to the credit card, and that someone from new york main office would be calling me to handle this, since they were unable to process refunds without approval from corporate head quarters. Total time spent on the phone = 1.5 hours. Believing the man, I waited till 5 PM. No call. I called back. After being transferred 3 times, I got another supervisor who was adamant that New York would call me in the next two hours. Sure enough…no call. Total time on phone = 1 hour. In addition, the supervisor provided me with a case number, and I wrote it down. He also promised to watch the case to insure it was handled and resolved.
Today, I waited till 3 PM to call, and was told that there were no notes on the account related to the case number provided. I about had a heart attack. I explained the situation, and was put on hold for half an hour. The supervisor got on the phone, and was able to locate the notes on the file. He again offered to provide a check, and when I declined, he informed me that it may take up to 10 days for someone in New York to get in touch with me. Time on phone = 1.5 hours
For real, I have 5 k in earnest money down on my first home. I have 3 weeks to secure a home loan and really have no idea what to do if Sirius doesn't refund my credit card so I can clear my name with the three credit bureaus. This is affecting my well being as well as my mental stability. And I thought the hard part was finding a decent home to want to move into that wasn't way over valued by the owner and in need of tons of repairs. This has been the most absurd thing I have ever had to deal with, and I wish they would stop lying and refund me the funds as they have promised repeatedly.
Please let me know if anyone can help or offer suggestions as to what I can do to resolve this quickly.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Satellite Radio
- Review category
- Review rating
- 4 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "I am a landlord in bloomsburg pa. one of our buildings we own has 9 apartment units. one of our tenants had direct tv installed. The tech guy that came..."
- "On 7th June, I went to a 5linx meeting in NY Rochester. The guy there was PSVP Andre Maronian. He was telling me how I can earn 50k in my..."
- "I bought a new Nokia C3 and a month later wanted to switch to a different cell phone service provider. Consumer Cellular would not unlock my phone! They said it..."
- "I am very disappointed with Panera in Schaumburg, IL at Golf Rd/ Basswood Rd. I ordered a Frontega Chicken sandwich and when the clerk handed me the bag and I..."
- "SR SEWING, Naperville, IL. A marine canvas and upholstery service, started a cockpit enclosure for my boat, a new canvas Bimini top, a canvas front panel above windshield with..."
- "We had LeafFilter installed and received a lifetime warranty for the system. Six years later the filter screen pulled away and off of a gutter (see picture). We..."
- "Aloha, Not sure about all Domino's Pizza but the one in Ewa Beach has know real method of how they top their pizza. I recently order a large three topping..."
- ""Something went wrong on our end, please try again in a little while". "Something went wrong on our end, please try again in a little while". "Something went wrong on our end,..."
- "I bought a leather sofa for $1200.00 (1st mistake) from Art Van. I noticed after 2-3 months that the back of the sofa was wearing off. I treated it with..."