Sirius Xm Radio - Beware of the Sirius/XM Lifetime subscription scam

I purchased a lifetime Sirius/XM subscription for $580 in July 2010.Two years later, I sold my car and wanted to transfer my subscription to my new car.

When I inquired about the process, a customer service rep told me that lifetime subscriptions aren't transferable nor are any discounts offered to customers like me who purchase another car and want Sirius/XM service.

Instead, the customer service rep lectured me for not reading the company's multi-page, single spaced license that species that "lifetime" subscriptions don't follow a subscriber when he or she changes vehicles.

I've learned my lesson: never again will I subscribe to any Sirius/VM service.With the many low to no cost Internet-based radio services now available, who needs Sirius/XM?

More Review Details

Helpful? 103 Yes 103 556 No 556
Had the same issue 71 Yes 71
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Feb 19 #1114663

Im one of them. Couldnt of said it better myself

Awsome

Feb 19 #1114661 Dayville, Connecticut

I feal your pain just found out the same thing, life time my ***. As long as you never plane on buying another vehicle.total ***

Feb 17 #1113599

Sign up for class action lawsuit

Jan 17 #1096252

You can transfer 3 times with a life time membership

MR X

Feb 18 #1113860 Fairfax, Virginia

Before June 20, 2005: Yes, it is transferable from one radio to another any number of times.*
From June 20, 2005 until September 7, 2007: Yes, your Lifetime subscription is transferable a maximum of three times.*
On or after September 8, 2007: Lifetime subscriptions associated with home, portable or dock & play radios can be transferred a maximum of three times.* Lifetime subscriptions first associated with or transferred to radios installed in vehicles by automakers or dealers are NOT transferable unless the radio is stolen, accidentally damaged or defective.

Dec 14, 2015 #1078701

apparently Lifetime doesn't mean Lifetime ... it means Sirius wants more money as if they don't make enough already. When you buy a lifetime gym membership, that's lifetime. If you move away you can still use the gym membership in the new location.

kazywoo

Dec 14, 2015 #1078698 Morganville, New Jersey

Sirius did the same thing to me. I just purchased a new vehicle and they wont transfer the service. I am so ANGRY with Sirius. To me LIFETIME means LIFETIME. There are plenty of vehicles out there and people subscribing to Sirius. They should have never offered Lifetime memberships if they weren't planning on holding up their end of the contract.

Nov 27, 2015 #1070357

I bought my lifetime subscription in 2004 for around $500.00, I've kept that truck until last month and switched my subscription to my new 4runner for $75.00. I would have paid $2158.56 by now @ $14.99 a month so the way I see it I have saved $1583.56 even with the $75.00 transfer fee. Great service too and it's a good thing to support satellite radio and programing has never been better....with the one exception of it being better programing when Artie Lang was on Stern.

0 1 Reply

Sep 02, 2015 #1028577

Not true lifetime membership get to transfer service from one radio to the with a $75 fee.

Mar 10, 2015 #956614 Brooklyn, New York

Great news today... I just found out that the LIFETIME subscription I bought 8 years ago from SiriusXM radio is only transferable into ONE CAR (for a $75 fee lol)!!! So that means when I sell my new car in a few years (the car I just transferred it to)... I LOSE MY LIFETIME SUBSCRIPTION!! So I told the lady on the phone "how is that possible to lose a LIFETIME subscription if I'm not dead."
It should not be a advertised as a LIFETIME subscription, It should be advertised as a LIFETIME CAR subscription! Deceiving! They got me good!! But thank you any way SIRIUS Radio... me and many others I'm sure will be switching to free internet radio through bluetooth soon and you will be out of business! :)

3 1 Reply
yoish

Feb 02, 2015 #939990

It's for lifetime of the radio in that car, not a person's lifetime. If you trade your car 3 years, it doesn't make sense to buy a lifetime subscription. Keep your car, your xm is free after 3 years. It's a great deal because monthly subscription prices keep going up every year. You should read the contract

3 5 Reply

Feb 29 #1119711

There was no contract offered. It was an over the phone purchase w/ no stipulations. They never sent any documents through mail nor email. They never referenced any terms and conditions.

Joe mc

Dec 07, 2014 #912353 Hudson, Massachusetts

They should allow a lifetime user to transfer and have functionality for at least 5 yrs from initial purchase of lifetime package. The current policy is clearly customer abuse.

5 1 Reply
Snoopy

Sep 01, 2014 #863993 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Very true. With Sprint unlimited internet who needs SiriusXM. Want Howard Stern? Stream him from YouTube. All his shows are there just a day later.

3 0 Reply
JR

Jan 02, 2014 #767493

I am in the same boat. I am filing a class action investigation against the company. I started on this site- http://www.abingtonlaw.com/Sirius-XM-Satellite-Radio-class-action.html.
To add to the lifetime subscription BS, SiriusXM Radio allowed the new owner of the car to access my account and personal information on the phone and online. He changed all the new contact information to his own and left mine as billing so he could charge anything to my account and view my personal information at anytime. BOY AM I AM ONE PISSED OFF CUSTOMER. I feel violated.

9 0 Reply
Jack

Nov 22, 2014 #904462

You do NOT want to by these devices from ebay or the sort that have a 'guaranteed' lifetime subscription....very likely it will last until the ebay 30 day warranty period is over....then WILL die....

Jack

Nov 22, 2014 #904464

This is a note to ALL of you out there that may be considering these 'cheap' lifetime subscriptions....and some not so cheap...

Jan 20, 2015 #933854 Las Vegas, Nevada

your site doesn't seem to open...

0 1 Reply
JOhn

Dec 19, 2013 #761088 Norwalk, Connecticut

I subscribed to a lifetime plan also for over $500. THey just sent me an invoice and are telling me that I only had a 3 year plan. This is bs.

mel

May 27, 2014 #820810

Just read your complaint about Sirius. I am having the same problem. My credit card was just billed (auto renewal) for another 3 yr. subscription even though I bought a life subscription 3 yrs. ago. They didn't send me an invoice - I found out from my credit card statement. The am't is in dispute now, but wondered if you got it straightened out, and if so, what did you do? Thx a bunch.

2 0 Reply

1-20 of 59 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.