19.9K views

I purchased a lifetime Sirius/XM subscription for $580 in July 2010.Two years later, I sold my car and wanted to transfer my subscription to my new car.

When I inquired about the process, a customer service rep told me that lifetime subscriptions aren't transferable nor are any discounts offered to customers like me who purchase another car and want Sirius/XM service.

Instead, the customer service rep lectured me for not reading the company's multi-page, single spaced license that species that "lifetime" subscriptions don't follow a subscriber when he or she changes vehicles.

I've learned my lesson: never again will I subscribe to any Sirius/VM service.With the many low to no cost Internet-based radio services now available, who needs Sirius/XM?

Review about: Sirius Xm Radio Subscription.

Had an Experience with Sirius Xm Radio?

Comments

Well I have 3 lifetime subscriptions so they screwed me really good, now I have nowhere to turn to but to try and sell them off locally so it stay in my general area!

Hartford County, Connecticut, United States #1328245

I bought a lifetime subscription in March 2010.Still own the same vehicle and it has the same radio in it.

Sirius cancelled my subscription claiming they don't "sell" lifetime subscriptions anymore!

To "compensate" me, they gave me 3 months free!

Sirius even changed the wording on their billing history page from 2010 to remove the reference to "lifetime" subscription, trying to cover their tracks.

I am contacting Tina Wolfson of Ahdoot & Wolfson PC and Cornelius P.Dukelow of Abington Cole + Ellery to join their class action suit.

Stuart, Florida, United States #1302730

They apparently don't honor the part about following the vehicle. It seems they tell different stories to the original owner and the new one.

My radio had a lifetime when I bought it used 2 years ago and XM just decided to shut it down and told me it doesn't stay with the car and why should I get it for free.

They have a horrible attitude towards the public unless you send them money.

Why would anyone trust anything they say?

Marina Del Rey, California, United States #1221796

If you purchased your Lifetime subscription

•Before June 20, 2005: Yes, it is transferable from one radio to another any number of times.*

•From June 20, 2005 until September 7, 2007: Yes, your Lifetime subscription is transferable a maximum of three times.*

•On or after September 8, 2007: Lifetime subscriptions associated with home, portable or dock & play radios can be transferred a maximum of three times.* Lifetime subscriptions first associated with or transferred to radios installed in vehicles by automakers or dealers are NOT transferable unless the radio is stolen, accidentally damaged or defective.

Once a lifetime subscription associated with a home, portable, or dock & play radio is transferred to a radio installed by an automaker or dealer, the subscription becomes non-transferable.Otherwise, Lifetime subscriptions associated with a home, portable or dock & play radio can be transferred a maximum of three times, for a fee.*

Please call 1-866-635-2349 to make the transfer.

Read more about Lifetime Plans in our Customer Agreement. Please note that Lifetime subscriptions are no longer being offered to new subscribers.

*There is a $75 fee for each permitted transfer.Each of the fees which you may be charged will be subject to applicable taxes.

Im one of them. Couldnt of said it better myself

Dayville, Connecticut, United States #1114661

I feal your pain just found out the same thing, life time my ***. As long as you never plane on buying another vehicle.total ***

Sign up for class action lawsuit

to Anonymous #1334130