4.4K views

I inquired of customer service the basis for its programming decision to drop its Escape channel.I was initially advised that the channel was dropped to make way for new channels, as if there was some relevant limitation on bandwidth.

When I challenged this explanation, the customer service rep acknowledged that he did not know the answer to my question and that, further, he was unaware of anyone in the company whom he could contact to find out the answer to my question.

Imagine that: an organization that thinks so little of its customers that it fails to provide its customer service reps with access to answers to listener questions.I suspect the real answer has something to do with royalties and profits but I'm only speculating as no one in the company appears willing and able to discuss the matter candidly.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of sirius xm radio subscription from Sirius Xm Radio. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Sirius Xm Radio to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

The most disappointing in user's experience was customer service rep and lack of integrity by company. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Sirius Xm Radio for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Sirius Xm Radio?

Comments

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia #1068334

Sad

I'm ready to cancel our XM. I can't find any station that has music I like.

Oct 8th

I hear Escape is to come back in October. This is Oct 1 but no Escape yet, at least not on 69. Does anyone know WHEN in October it is supposed to come back?

to Anonymous #1041907

I got a letter from XM today.It said tune in to channel 69 "today" on XM radios (the letter was printed September 28) and today is October 1st.

I haven't tried my radio yet. The letter says Escape returns to Sirius radios October 8th.

This is great news!I missed Escape!

Escape is back! Thanks to everyone's feedback, Sirius actually listened! Check Sirius' web site here: http://www.siriusxm.com/escapeisback?utm_campaign=ESC_EM2&utm_medium=EMAIL&utm_source=CRM_ESC_EM2_0918

We really miss Escape channel, we called up but they just blew us off.I would really like them to honor the claims that they do not advertise and do not chatter or ever which they do on many channels.

Maybe we can get direct TV to put their radio stations on satellite. They are just plain play one cd after another.

Things kind of went to pot when xm no longer had competition, i.e.sirus.

I agree with most of the comments Escape offered a relaxing instrumental easy listening channel that was ideal for long drives. The lack of a real alternative is ridiculous given the redundancy they have with rock and country music. I am also canceling my subscription.

Rochester, New York, United States #1036265

I told the morons I was cancelling.

These corporations always go out of business because of their own stupidity/arrogance. I bought ten new cds for easy listening.

What idiots are these people in managment - they think the only music people want is what THEY prefer.As another poster pointed out, they forget where much of the money lies and who has the disposible income to spend.

Hint: it is not necessarily the folks living in their parent's basement. Just because the Escape crowd did not rush out to check "like" on Facebook does not mean this channel did not have a large installed user base. The problem with many of the younger crowd is that they have failed to grasp the notion that they are not the center of the universe nor is their ideology universal.

Had this channel not been restored, I, also.would have dropped my subscription.