Coverage Area
Style and Design

Today I tried to make a simple change to my SiriusXM account.I wanted to temporarily suspend service on one of the three automobile radios I pay for their service on.

The vehicle is in storage for six months. It was impossible to get the customer service person (in Bangladesh or India) to perform this task. Instead, they wanted me to subscribe to additional services by offering me a "prize". Declining the prize got me nowhere.

When I asked to talk to a supervisor, the person hung up on me. I called a different Sirius help number and got a similar pitch and then was passed to a robot. By this time I was so frustrated I wanted to cancel my account and shut down all three radios I had with Sirius. The robot was not authorized to perform such a cancellation.

I then went into my account online. I was informed there that cancellations cannot be performed online. I called the number shown for cancelling service. The person at the other end of the call did not speak English well and refused to cancel, instead offering me more services at a higher price.

I asked to speak to a supervisor and got the same run around from him. Finally, I told him I was recording our conversation to post on the internet which would show definitively why one should not sign up for SiriusXM radio. At that point he cancelled my account and refunded my money. But what a run around.

Over an hour spent talking to 5 different people plus a robot to perform a simple request.

I'd been their customer for over 10 years.What a shame.

Review about: Sirius Xm Radio Account.

I liked: Music channels.

I didn't like: Customer service.

Had an Experience with Sirius Xm Radio?

Comments