2.6
Coverage Area
Style and Design

I would use promotions to my advantage calling each time paying the amount agreed upon for a specific amount of months stating that I did not want Auto renewal would not give them my card to charge against and to please turn my service off at the end of the agreed-upon mouths. Most recently while following my same guidelines I called them up to take advantage of the new promotion 6 months for $30 and I have two lines by the way, and they stated I owed them $52?

The lady on the phone told me this was due to my subscription running out and they let it run for another month on each device and then turned my service off because I had not paid and I had no card on service! I explained that if you listen to what the last customer service rep agreed to with me there would be no auto-renewal and services would be terminated at the end of the contracted months. This customer rep said she could eliminate the $52 if I sign up for another 6 months however I would still need to call in at the end of 6 months to turn into contract if I so desired. I explained to her that is not what I wanted and she provided me some advice that I can simply set a meeting reminder on my phone to call in.

I explained absolutely not you have a robust computer system that should be able to shut my service off at the end of the six months. She stated that is not how it works and I had two options either pay the $52 and go my separate way or take the promotion for 6 months where are they would do away with the old $52.

And then told her to please have a very nice day bye bye! They just lost a potential life-long customer the end!

Comments

There is no way you can eliminate the Auto-Renewal. It doesn't matter what a customer service representative tells you.

It's in writing in the agreement when you start, and they also tell you this verbally if you call in. THERE IS NO WAY TO GET IT TO NOT AUTO-RENEW. It's a lousy policy, but that's the way it is. I always call and ask for the Retention Department when I call to renew.

You get someone in the US or Canada, and they will give you the good rates, or cancel if you want. And, if you ask them, as I did, if auto renew can be cancelled, they'll tell you the truth...which is No!

h.kitchener

I had a similar situation a few short years ago. I refused to give them a credit card number---I was not born yesterday---and the rep agreed to send a bill without imposing the "invoice fee" of something like $3 and to also ensure it would not auto renew.

They did charge the invoice fee, but the customer service rep had put a miscellaneous credit of $3 on my account and that charge washed out. However, the thing did auto renew and they sent me a bill for another year at their regular rate. I just ignored it and then eventually turned off the service but then proceeded to send dunning bills for about 3 months. I just ignored them and they went away.

The customer service at Sirius is problematical, at best.

And, they do a disservice to themselves by requiring auto renewal. I like Sirius programming, but refuse to submit to auto renewal and then they have the gall to require you to call them in order to cancel---apparently, they haven't figured out how to allow a customer to cancel online yet.