Sirius Xm Radio - Madison on the radio

637 of 786 Sirius Xm Radio reviews

Since 2003, I have been an avid XM Radio listener. I enjoy listening to music without commercials and annoying radio DJs. At one time, I had 5 XM Radios. That number has since gone down.

Unfortunately, ever since Sirius and XM merged, I have been more and more disappointed. The price has gone up, you removed the free online listening, added additional charges (Royalty charges), but worst of all they kept annoying, disrespectful DJs. I would like to complain about the radio DJ, Madison. She is on 2 channels: Alt Nation and 1st Wave. Since this is the case, I lose two stations that I cannot listen to because she is annoying, rude, crude, doesn't talk about current music, unprofessional, and is very disrespectful to her listeners.

Some examples of her unprofessionalism are:

She yells into the microphone

She sings

She talks about her private parts, flatulence, and child

She speaks her opinions of bands (current and past)

She does not give her listeners correct information about the bands

To back up her unprofessionalism, please see the group on Facebook entitled I Loathe Madison on Sirius/ XM radio: https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_124909808352&id=10150203882303353

They currently have 231 members and constantly complain and threaten to leave Sirius/XM Radio.

I have read that Sirius/ XM radio DJs are "Master music programmers and on-air personalities, who are true experts, host our music. They back up the music with compelling information about the song being played." I respect this fact. I can tell you this is certainly not the case with Madison.

I have contacted Steve Blatter, Sr. Vice President, Music Programming with Sirius XM radio and received a somewhat generic letter. I know numerous people that have complained and nothing has changed.

I just created a petition entitled Remove Madison as a DJ on XM Radio, because I care deeply about this very important issue.

I'm trying to collect 1000 signatures.

To read more about what I'm trying to do and to sign my petition, click here:

We have to do something to get this filth off the air!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 36 Yes 36 83 No 83
Had the same issue 6 Yes 6
637 of 786 Sirius Xm Radio reviews

Oct 18, 2016 #1228573 Wilmington, Delaware, United States

All you Madison-haters are sad, small people. Don't you have anything better to do with your time?

Aug 22, 2016 #1202433 Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States

Are you kidding. All she does is read her event list with her annoying voice. I thought I paid for no DJ. Just hit play

John

Aug 22, 2016 #1202430 Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States

She is the worst, and all she does us read the latest calendar of events. I can't listen to those channels any more and may dump Sirius.

Mar 12, 2016 #1126140

Please get her off!

Jan 12, 2016 #1093177

I'm sure there are far more subscribers that don't mind paying to listen to commercial free music and don't mind Madison's style. I'll admit that I was not a big fan at first, but she plays great music and that is ultimately why i keep on listening. I enjoy her rants now ... she can be a crack up! You didn't lose 2 stations, you chose not to be a frequent listener. There's always FM radio where you can hear truly annoying commercials. #peace

Dec 17, 2015 #1080297

Some of us Love Madison. Glad you have the right not to listen. Free country

3 0 Reply

Dec 04, 2015 #1073850

I like her!-she's different then most and plays great music-also I don't think the prices are too high compared to phones or cable or concerts!

Nov 21, 2015 #1067535

Madison is entertaining. She is much better than the boring djs who serve no purpose.

Oct 21, 2015 #1051885

200 people! That's quite a showing! Do something with your life.

Oct 16, 2015 #1049304

Don't listen if you don't like her

Oct 02, 2015 #1042345

Perhaps there can be an app that deletes Madison's entire voice. Then, and only then, when I listen to first way for all nations again.

Sep 22, 2015 #1037671

I agree. I love the station but SHE'S THE WORST!!! WHY DON'T YOU LISTEN TO YOUR SUBSCRIBERS AND REPLACE HER?

2 0 Reply

Jan 06, 2015 #926583

this is the most embarrassing thing i've ever seen please relax lmao start a petition for something that actually matters

5 3 Reply
Anon

Jan 06, 2015 #926589

This is not a petition site. This is a site to air your frustrations and complaints. It is called "Pissed Consumer" for a reason.

4 1 Reply
Jabraham

Oct 28, 2014 #891638

Wow, I thought I was the only one who actually hated Madison. Glad to hear I'm one of over 200.

3 0 Reply

Oct 28, 2014 #891676

There is more! Join our Facebook page or sign our petition!

0 1 Reply

1-20 of 59 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.