1.6
Coverage Area
Style and Design

I have had several cars that had the free trial of SiriusXM and for the most part enjoyed them but would not subscribe.The value just isn't there for me.

Remember that Sirius and XM were separate satellite radio companies from which we could (maybe) expect competition to keep fees down. Both failed and had to be combined into a single monopoly. You need at least a choice of three companies and even that does not insure competition. I would only choose three channels to listen to if I could and I could not justify the fees and digital music taxes that are absorbed with terrestrial radio for free that we would get charged for directly.

Most of the stations I have tuned to have commercials anyway and why would I pay extra for that? The channels that have only a DJ to introduce songs are constantly advertising for SiriusXM anyway, so what is the point of paying to not have commercials? On top of that, I miss too much information when driving under an overpass or under trees. That's the nature of satellite signals, you need line of sight.

So I believe SiriusXM is doomed to failure unless they change their business model. Give it away for free and fund your company with advertising or commercials like terrestrial radio does. However I would pay only a maximum of $5 per month including taxes for up to 5 channels without commercials and another $2 per month for streaming those.

Everything else is free and would have commercials.Roger..

Review about: Sirius Xm Radio Radio Service.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I liked: Three channels, Music channels.

I didn't like: Customer service.

Had an Experience with Sirius Xm Radio?

Comments

h.kitchener
#1392075

the idea of satellite radio is a good one, especially for those who drive alot and are constantly losing the signal from local stations. However, Sirius/XM has some serious problems in the customer service area and their auto renewal requirement is nonsense. I, too have had the free trials from the purchase of a new car, but once I saw the auto renewal it was allowed to lapse.