map-marker Staten Island, New York

Service is not acceptable.

Your automated messages is horrible. No help and they understand nothing. I got a new car and need to transfer my subscription
Brian P Uwa

Verified Reviewer

They don't let you cancel !!!

Just read the following ...

Info: Welcome to SiriusXM Support!

You: Click here to start

7:19, Aug 15

Melody: Hi. I'm Melody the SiriusXM Virtual Agent. This chat may be recorded for quality purposes.

7:19, Aug 15

Melody: You can type 'menu' at any point to go to the Main Menu.

Melody: How can I help?

You: Cancel

7:19, Aug 15

Melody: Okay, I am happy to help you with that. Did you recently purchase a vehicle and want to transfer your account to it?

You: No

7:19, Aug 15

Melody: May I ask why you wish to cancel your subscription?

You: Don't listen enough

7:20, Aug 15

Melody: I need a few more details for me to identify the account you want to cancel. Can I go ahead and collect the verification information I need?

You: Yes

7:20, Aug 15

Melody: What's the FIRST name listed on the account?

7:20, Aug 15

Melody: What's the LAST name listed on the account?

7:20, Aug 15

Melody: Got it. After this next question, I'll look up your account. .

7:20, Aug 15

Melody: What 10-digit phone number do we have on the account?

7:20, Aug 15

Melody: Hmm, I just need to ask a couple more questions to make sure I get the right account. Please give me a moment after you reply so I can take another look.

7:21, Aug 15

Melody: What e-mail address do we have on the account?

You: *****@*****

7:21, Aug 15

Melody: What 5-digit ZIP code do we have on the account?

7:21, Aug 15

Melody: Finally, please provide the street address listed on the account.

7:21, Aug 15

Melody: I'm connecting you with a specialist now. The next message will be from them.

7:22, Aug 15

Lakshmi: Hello, I'm Lakshmi with SiriusXM and I'm here to help.

7:22, Aug 15

Lakshmi: Hope you are doing good today?

7:22, Aug 15

You: Just need to cancel the account without the sales scripts please

7:22, Aug 15

You: sorry the subscription for the Jeep not the entire account

7:23, Aug 15

Lakshmi: Okay do not worry i will surely cancel your service.

7:23, Aug 15

You: thank you

7:24, Aug 15

Lakshmi: As i can see your provided first name does not match please help me with correct first name and your phone also does not match do you have any alternative phone number?

7:24, Aug 15

Lakshmi: Thank you.

7:25, Aug 15

Lakshmi: My apologies. We are currently experiencing system issues, that wont allow me to access your account. If you could chat back in 90 to 120 minutes the issue should be resolved.

7:26, Aug 15

You: Cancel my account as you said you would please.

7:26, Aug 15

You: I am noting my attempt to cancel my subscription for the Jeep as Aug. 15, 2023 7:26AM PST

7:27, Aug 15

You: it seems that your systems often fail when a cancellation request is entered

7:27, Aug 15

You: and we are tracking this

You: Please try the Jeep Subscription cancellation again

7:28, Aug 15

Lakshmi: i understand and I will surely cancel but as I am facing some system issure so you can wait for some time and conatct us back to cancel your service.

Lakshmi: issue *

7:28, Aug 15

You: I can not wait for a time and contact you back, cancellation should be automatic when entered on the web.

7:28, Aug 15

You: Why do i need to talk/chat to a human to cancel?

7:29, Aug 15

Lakshmi: I understand that you are frustrated do not worry I will surely cancel your service and you can just contact us back after sometime to check back .

7:29, Aug 15

You: I have made my contact with your company, i have requested the cancellation, I do not need to continuously contact you for a cancellation.

7:30, Aug 15

You: nor to "check back"

7:30, Aug 15

Lakshmi: Jodi, I understand but as i told you that we are facing some system issue that is why I am unable to procced with cabcellation.

7:31, Aug 15

Lakshmi: You can just wait for sometime.

7:31, Aug 15

You: Your system is IM-ing with me without any problems.

7:31, Aug 15

You: I don't need to wait, I trust that you will cancel the Jeep subscription and I will see that reflected on my monthly bill

7:33, Aug 15

Lakshmi: Jodi as we are facing some technical issue you can just contact us after sometime to check back for your cancellation.

7:33, Aug 15

You: No I have already contacted you, failure to cancel will result in a very public complaint

7:34, Aug 15

Lakshmi: And do not worry after sometime issue would be resolve and your cancellation will be surely done.

7:34, Aug 15

You: This is ridiculous. I'm sure your systems are working well enough for a new account.

7:35, Aug 15

You: You just don't want to be the one to fail to save an account from cancelling. Sorry - but I am expecting you to do the cancellation automatically when the system "is back up"

7:35, Aug 15

Lakshmi: Jodi you can just wait for sometime I understand that you are frustrated and do not worry you service will be chancel .

7:35, Aug 15

You: "just wait for sometime"...sometime when?

7:36, Aug 15

Lakshmi: For 90 to 120 minutes you can wait and contact us back .

7:36, Aug 15

Lakshmi: So that your issue would be resolved.

7:37, Aug 15

Lakshmi: Is there anything else I can assist you with?

7:37, Aug 15

You: In 90-120 minutes I expect you to have cancelled this subscription with or without me on the line. You have official transcript indicating my request for cancellation, you have verified my identity, YOU need to follow-up with an email to ME telling me the subscription was cancelled as requested.

7:37, Aug 15

You: Thats what customer service is.

7:38, Aug 15

You: So I will wait for your confirmation of cancellation when your system returns to operation. If I hear nothing I will be reporting this entire thread to my credit card company, and the BBB - as well publishing it on most review sites in the US.

7:39, Aug 15

Lakshmi: I totally understand and we assure that your service will be cancelled but we are not authorized fort automatic cancellation when we do not have customer.

7:39, Aug 15

You: this has been about as bad an interaction I have ever had with any service.

7:39, Aug 15

You: You companies inability to enable its agents is not my problem.

7:39, Aug 15

Lakshmi: I am really sorry for the trouble you have to face Jodi.

7:40, Aug 15

You: Just get the job requested, completed please.

7:40, Aug 15

You: I now want nothing to do with SXM ever!

7:41, Aug 15

Lakshmi: Do not worry your service will be surely cancel please just contact us back after sometime so that you can get the confirmation of your cancellation.

7:41, Aug 15

You: Just send me an email with that information.

You: that will be fine

7:42, Aug 15

Lakshmi: Jodi as I told Just you that I cannot cancel it automatically please wait for sometime.

You: You need to

7:43, Aug 15

You: If you can't get your manager or their manager to do it, there is no reason for me to have to go through this *** again

7:43, Aug 15

Lakshmi: Okay just allow me for a moment as manager is also having the same tool to help.

7:44, Aug 15

Lakshmi: Just allow me for a moment .

You: This is absolutely unbelievable

7:44, Aug 15

Lakshmi: Okay let me check what best I can do for you.

7:45, Aug 15

Lakshmi: Jodi I understand that you are frustrated as i can understand that if I would be at your place I would have to same feeling.

7:46, Aug 15

You: if you would be at my place ??? huh?

7:46, Aug 15

Lakshmi: Just allow me for a moment.

7:47, Aug 15

Lakshmi: Let me check with by back end team what best i can do for you.

7:47, Aug 15

You: Why did it take 15min for you to propose this?

7:48, Aug 15

Lakshmi: I am really sorry Jodi Just allow me for a moment.

7:48, Aug 15

You: waiting...

7:49, Aug 15

Lakshmi: I can see that you are paying standard price of $23.67 per month I understand that not using enough will not justify the cost. So I make special adjustments for you and to justify the usage I have specially got promo plan and Entertainment plan in Just $5.99 /mo plus fees and taxes for 12 months with 70% discount instead of full price $23.05.

7:49, Aug 15

You: Cancel the subscription in the Jeep

7:50, Aug 15

You: Seriously?? After all of this you thinks its OK to try and sell me something???

7:50, Aug 15

Lakshmi: You are currently billed through 09/15/2023. I will cancel your service on this date and it will no longer renew but you will be able to continue to listen through that date OR would you rather I can cancel your service effective today?

You: today

You: Jeep only

7:51, Aug 15

Lakshmi: I respect your decision and will cancel the service for you.

7:51, Aug 15

Lakshmi: Today I cancelled Radio ID C72R2A46. You have a remaining refundable credit of $23.05 which will be refunded. The refund will take 3-5 business days from approval and will be issued to the original payment method or by mail. Your confirmation number of this cancellation is 758-AUY-304, please keep this number for your records. A confirmation of this transaction will be sent to the email address on file, for your account within 5 days

7:51, Aug 15

Lakshmi: A confirmation of this transaction will be sent to the email address :698****@***.com?

7:52, Aug 15

Lakshmi: Is there anything else I can assist you with?

7:52, Aug 15

You: So from 7:19am to 7:51am is 32 minutes! 32 minutes to cancel a subscription to ANYTHING is COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Rates are not honored as advertised
  • Cancellation of subscription is extremely difficult

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Avoid Sirius like the plague !

Guest

3/25/24 They are being sued by the Ny Attorney Generals Office. Get your credit cards out of there.

Wake up. Don’t support them. Play your own music!!! Only the clueless remain.

The repetition is horrendous.

The djs are getting paid with the money XM steals off your credit cards. Stop supporting them…

Guest

3/2024 XM is being sued right now by the NY Attorney General, For not letting people cancel. It’s against the Law.

Educate yourselves people. Stop supporting them. The free trials are a trap to get your credit card number. Play your own music.

Get your credit cards out of there. It’s just a matter of time until they are no more. Wake up. I had to get new credit cards to get rid of them.

Doug Sluggo Roberts on the 1st wave channel is a HACKER. He was convicted by the Burbank Sheriffs Office for creating an on air Murder Confession Hoax. Guy Kills his Girlfriend. XM has many issues.

Stop subscribing to them. Educate yourselves! The music repetition is Horrendous. I’m not brain dead.

Only the clueless remain. Over 500,000 people have recently canceled. Over 200 employees have been let go.

Stop subscribing to Sirius XM. It’s just going to get worse…

Guest

People wake up. Sirius XM is being sued by the NY Attorney Generals Office right now.

Complain to them. The free trials are a trap to get your credit card number. Get out of there. Cancel.

Educate yourselves. Stop supporting them.

Play your own music. It’s just a matter of time, they will be no more.

Guest

They will not give me a refund for the balance of my renewal in January and cancel in May. They kept tell me they refunded a credit card account that was closed.

I check with the credit card company and there was never a refund from sirius xm.

I called and told them and I was getting different stores. Very rude customer service reps!

Guest

They are being sued right now by the NY Attorney Generals Office. Those washed up need a job DJs are being paid with the money XM steals off of Peoples credit cards.

Play your own music. Get your credit card out of there ASAP. Wake up people.

Stop supporting them. Those free trials are a trap to get your credit card number.

Leiyah Oue

I agree 100% AVOID SIRIUS XM LIKE COVID!!!

Guest

ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ... Next time cancel in writing 30 days prior to the expiration of the current term and serve your cease and desist order via Registered Mail Return Receipt Requested.

Cancel any and all "automatic withdrawls" with your bank or whomever because they lead to "automatic" contract renewal. Read the original documents ; people rarely do and that's where theses complaints originate.

View more comments (6)
Teresa R Yjk

Unfair Policies and unequal treatment Sirius XM

I was in the car with my sister and she was given a plan of 3 years for $99 on April 1, 2024. I called in 3 days later they would not honor the plan for me. They kept me on for over an hour giving me the run around while being rude and insulting, but only to be told they werent going to honor the deal. I have been a loyal customer for 10 years and I regret ever paying them a dime. Horrible customer service
Cons:
  • Horrible customer service

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Stay away!!!

Susanne D Srv

Verified Reviewer

Can’t speak with someone I understand.payment method changed.

Read the above message. Cant speak with someone I can understand. Payment method changed. No communication with SiriusXM and this is bs to have to keep explaining.
Patrick R Jqs

Verified Reviewer

Resolved: Try to not let tbis happen to other customers

Updated by user Mar 04, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. They coukd see that i asked to stop serving about 6 years ago and they kept billing

Original review Feb 03, 2024
I called simply to cancel my XM subscription, and as we were reviewing my subscription, come to find out I was paying on a vehicle that I had not owned in about five years at least five years so the problem I have is when youre talking to an XM representative, it is usually an Out of country person usually Asia somewhere who I dont think fully understood when I called five years ago to take that vehicle off and transfer it to another so in short, Im looking to get refunded for those five years of service on a vehicle that I didnt own And also a paper statement every month stating what vehicles and streaming services I was paying for wouldve caught this sooner as it is now you get no bill and they just charge you so its hard to know what youre paying for and what youre not paying for also when they update their terms They usually update how much youre paying per month
Loss:
Pros:
  • Variety of programi
Cons:
  • No monthly statement to check what you are paying fir

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Try to get a paper statement or at least an email statement every month

Chancey Npp

Sir Mera account kyon band kar diya Gaya

David L Mjg

Billing

I was sent an advertisement for a $2.00 for the first six months to see if I wanted to try Sirius XM but when I applied it keeps rejecting me so it must be a scam from someone
Terry A Hab

| map-marker Newton, North Carolina

Mad about price

Terrible customer service. Not good english and confused at times. Was never offered plans I was eligible for. Have 5 Sirris radios and dont fell like a good customer.,..

User's recommendation: Use a CD or your phone

Ron G Mvj

I would simply like to talk to someone about getting servic

e on my 2024 Pallisade and combine that with my 2022 Ram to get a better rate.Talking to a real person would be great. Not everybody is computer savy.

Preferred solution: Here I am again going through all off this nonsense when I just want to talk to someone.

Peter D Dci

Cxl my. Yearly subscription for no reason

I bought new vehicles in December and u shut it off it was meant to go to may as thats what I paid for also was meant to get three free months from Nissan got nothing

Preferred solution: Price reduction

Richard L R
map-marker El Paso, Texas

Check my account

Sirius Representative was very helpful, informative and professional in regarding to request. My problem was resolved.

User's recommendation: Always check with a professional representative when receiving a email on expired account it could be a fraud.

Sumeya Zct

Resolved: Speak to an agent

Updated by user Mar 12, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with product or service ordered.

Original review Mar 12, 2024
Could not speak to a live agent on the phone. I wanted to speak to somebody about my account. I finally had to do it online with somebody. That was very nice to help me. Everythings OK now I got my SiriusXM for another year so everythings fine.

Preferred solution: Nothing

map-marker Lebanon, Oregon

Was not able to set up payment from my phone via email

I received an email stating my SIRIUS account had expired. I attempted to pay to re-I state it and wound up with a fraud alert on my debit card which automatically rendered it shutdown and therefore had to go to my bank to get a new card. I found out then that the notice was invalid. Thanks to customer service, I now know what is fraud masking as Sirius. Ive reset my account with a new debit card.

User's recommendation: Don’t answer Sirius notices without verification!

Edward D Pai

Verified Reviewer

Just spent an hour trying to cancel one vehicle

I spent an hour trying to cancel one vehicle. Ended up canceling both. Was being charged 43 dollars a month for 2 vehicles. If you argue enough, you can get one vehicle for 6 dollars a month. I just choose not to waste my time every year going through this. Bluetooth technology allows streaming from your device.
Pros:
  • No commercials
Cons:
  • Everything else

User's recommendation: Try a free service!

Media Expert Talks

Disinformation: Russian and Chinese trolls among us

Jun 16, 2022

How to know what’s fake on social media? In this video, Prof. Darren Linvill from Clemson University Media Forensics Hub explains how disinformation works, common tactics of political propaganda, the role of trolls, hashtags, and how to spot fake news.

Prof. Darren Linvill
Prof. Darren Linvill

Darren Linvill investigates data messaging and context accompanied by inauthentic behavior on social media networks. He also examines misinformation and disinformation in the rising field of social media forensics and data monitoring.

Danilo B Ims

Verified Buyer

Resolved: Activation

Sirius XM Radio - Activation
Sirius XM Radio - Activation - Image 2
Updated by user Sep 30, 2023

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with discount on future orders.

Original review Sep 28, 2023
Musik , Nachrichten, Service, Sport, Steile, Neues, Politik,, Wissenschaft, Wirtschaft, Kreativität,

Preferred solution: Free

User's recommendation: Musik

Ingrid S Qcs

Refund of charges to my account.

Sirius XM Radio - Refund of charges to my account.
I do not need this service please refund my account. I have NEVER used this service and I never signed up for it. Please refund my money.
Loss:
Cons:
  • I do not use this service

Karsynn Qzs

| map-marker Sacramento, California

Not able to hear urban view in my truck

I'm still working on resolving this issue. I hope to have it fixed with using the instructions provided.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article