2.0
Coverage Area
Style and Design

I get a couple of new cars every couple years. For the last 15 years I've had perhaps 25-30 Sirius subscriptions. I learned the hard way around 2010 not to give Sirius my credit card. Until then Sirius would receive a cancellation request from me and then charge my credit card anyway.

So now I only use checks. Somewhat inconvenient, and Sirius doesn't like it, but when you're dealing with a criminal that's what you have to do to protect yourself.

Last September I got rid of a BMW hybrid and settled into a new Mercedes sports car (with 3 months free Sirius service). My Mercedes dealer was surprised when I refused to let him give Sirius my credit card number but once I explained why the salesman gave me a knowing nod and smile.

Despite cancelling the subscription, when it came time to cancel another Sirius subscription on another BMW I had today, the agent quickly added that there was an $111 balance on my account. Since I had sent in a check for the Mercedes and for my daughter's SUV's subscriptions several months earlier I asked what the balance was.

Turns out Sirius refused to cancel after I spent 10 minutes with them last September doing just that.

I dislike Sirius' business practices. They think their customers are criminals or stupid, and Sirius acts accoringly and even worse. Sirius refuses to allow a subscriber to cancel by mail or email, insisting on telephone only. And then Sirius seems to lose the cancellation notes.

If Sirius gets sued again for its deceptive practices (and worse), count me in as a class member.

Review about: Sirius Xm Radio Subscription.

Preferred solution: Sirius needs to allow subscribers to cancel by mail or email and provide immediate acknowledgment of cancellation..

I didn't like: Customer relations, Ability to cancel subscription.

Comments

I totally agree-whatever you do don't ever give these crooks your credit card number even when they ask for it. They put a ton of extra and false charges every month on it.

I had to fight for months to get the charges removed. It got so bad and wouldn't stop so I had to end up cancelling my credit card altogether. They do not care either. Its an unscrupulous business practice that they do.

The only way I would pay these *** clowns is with prepaid gift certificates.

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend them anyway. Service and audio quality is horrible and their prices keep increasing.