8.2K views

I called today 12-Jun-12 to remove auto-renewal from account. I got the transfered several times, waited 20 minutes between transfers, repeate my account information several times. Final I was transferred to "Cancellation" department, the person in this department tried to extend my subscription at a promotional rate. I was so mad at this point that I cancelled my service. I even tried logging in and removing auto-renewal from my account through Internet using "Account Management" feature, but of course their is no option to remove auto-renewal, I have to call 1-800 number.

What should have been a simple self-service excercise to removew auto-renewal turned into a lost customer for Sirius-XM.

Beware of Sirus-XM auto-renewal policy.

Review about: Sirius Xm Radio Subscription.

Comments

go to: https://listenercare.siriusxm.com/app/askClick on category > account management >cancel my subscriptionI included statements requesting that all of my personal info be removed from their system and that they were never to contact me again by email or phone

I went through the same issue

I went to online chat and they made me call an 800 number. What a joke - I had to yell at the woman.

STOP BILLING ME AND TURN OFF MY RADIO. She couldn't get it through her thick head. She basically ignoring me and trying to sell me more. We went round and round at least 4 times.

I wish I had recorded it.The Art of the hard-sell subscription scam. I never experienced something like that before.

Same exact thing happened to me today. Rip off artists.

This company is crooked

There are a number of companies that bill fraudulently.

Sometimes the best method is to contact your credit card company and get a new card number.

Isn't that hard. Go to their website, click on chat, and ask them to remove your credit card information.

they will inform you that there is a $2.00 admin fee.

Ask them to wave the fee, and they will gladly (silly, I know).

After getting in trouble for automatic renewal, they keep doing it. Jacking prices and hitting cards.

I specifically checked "do not renew", but that didn't matter.

Then they purposefully make cancellation into a totally impossible task. Seems criminal.

Agreed. I called to find out about turning off this feature when my free trial ended.

I was going to renew for the year but they also lost a customer.

I don't do autorenewal. Ever.

Los Angeles, California, United States #702962

They are total scumbags. The stations are not good so I use Pandora and Spotify in my car.

They began callling me to renew 1-2 months prior to my subscription expiring and they said it would be $217 to renew. I told them I did not want to renew because I no longer used the service. They transferred me to their cancelation department. They offered me the subscription for about $110.

I still told them I wanted to cancel. They called a few more times and tried to get me to renew but I repeated that I was canceling. Now, three months later I just got a notice from a collection agency because Sirius automatically renewed the account, then canceled it for non-payment and then sent it to a collection agency. How's that for unethical practices?

I will never do business with Sirius XM again. If you feel you absolutely have to renew your service, ask to talk to the cancellation department and get it for half price.

Better yet, use Pandora or Spotify. The music selection is way better.

I just had an incredibly truthful and gracious experience in cancelling Sirius. I hope to have it again in the future.

to reverenddoctor Angus Detroit, Michigan, United States #973456

astroturf like a boss!

How about if you pay by MONEY ORDER [which is allowed] how do they get auto renewal then.. I can CANCEL ANYTIME I choose not them.

I am not going to be contingent on an auto repayment agreement especially with HD RADIO, IPOD, IPHONE options ..

they are no longer the only option for listening in my auto..

to DCMAXX Orlando, Florida, United States #690979

They will still auto renew, send a bill and send you to collections. They will not let you opt out of auto renew.

to anonymous #1377823

Yes they do that. I called and said I no longer had a car with satellite and to cancel the service.

They said they did and months later I was still getting bills for past due balances. I was so mad.

I just went to the online chat and cancelled the automatic renewal in less than 5 minutes, no issues, no problems.

to Mike Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States #831048

This is a lie... Chat will tell you to call the 800 number!

Sirius has a real scam going. Got their invoice recently, they want to auto-renew for payment by credit card OR check.

No opt-out for this feature on their bill. Soon they're going to run out of customers to bilk!

I am assuming all those who are having or have had a hard time to cancel auto renew, at one time, paid by credit card. I have learned from others to never make a payment to Sirius with a credit card.

I receive a paper invoice and I pay my invoices by personal check. That way, I am in control of whether I want to re-new or not and Sirius cannot auto re-new on a checking account.

to Jim #826013

Yes they can. They may not be able to auto-charge your checking account but they will auto renew and you have to pay it or goto collections.