Sirius Xm Radio - Three calls, two lies and one radio still working

I called today 8-28-16 and spoke to a CS rep to cancel my subscription. I told him not to even bother with the BS hard sell of other offers, because even if the company paid ME to listen I wouldn't do it. I didn't want the service anymore, period. No more reasons needed. I wanted my radio disconnected completely and immediately.

He gave me a cancellation confirmation number and refund for my credit (both of which I've received emails for), put me on their "Do Not Call" list and told me my radio was disconnected. Knowing from reading here that they have a tendency to lie, I said, "So, that means if I go down to my car and turn my radio on, it won't work, correct?" He said yes, that's correct. After ending the call (mistake), I went down to check the radio and -- whaddya know -- it was still working like a charm. He'd lied to me.

I immediately called back and asked to speak to a supervisor NOW. The supervisor I got was a real winner. Granted, I was beyond livid at this point and literally screaming. I gave him my cancellation confirmation number and told him to disconnect my radio NOW. He told me he couldn't because they're running a free listening thing until 9/4. He then turned into a smart ***, asked if this was a prank call and told me I could just turn it off and listen to AM/FM if I didn't want it. ARE YOU KIDDING ME????? That made me scream even louder. I was at the point of having a heart attack. My heart was pounding so hard. Finally he said, "It's done. Your radio is disconnected." Since I was still standing in the garage, I checked it again. It was STILL WORKING. Fuming, I said, "You lied to me. Why did you lie to me?" He said "I don't know." I said, "What do you mean you don't know?" He said, "I don't know." I said, "So you can't tell me why you outright lied to me." He said no. Then he hung up on me.

I called back for a THIRD TIME and again demanded to be transferred to a supervisor. This time I got Mary in the Philippines (Employee ID# 2587AB). She told me again the complete disconnection could not be done due to the free listening, but my account was completely closed and inactive. She said all I should be getting were the free stations offered on the promo. I checked my radio for the umpteenth time, and at least two stations that are not available on the promo but are on the Select package I'd just cancelled were somehow magically still playing like violins. Mary had me turn the receiver off and remove it from the base so they could do a refresh. The refresh didn't work. She said that it looked like most of the stations available on the promo happened to also be on the Select package. How convenient. TOO CONVENIENT. After being lied to twice by two different employees, I didn't believe her. Then she said tech couldn't figure out why the change wasn't working. Finally she said it takes some receivers 24 to 48 hours to update. She did also remove my credit card but the only option was change to invoice. So I possibly be getting an invoice in the mail around 9-25 complete with $2 fee telling me I owe them for renewal. My online account shows no active subscription, and she said there was no way that could happen for that reason. Judging by what I've read here, I'm not buying it for a second. She swore to me that she had worked for the company five years with integrity and would never do anything to jeopardize her job, because what would be in it for her? Still, my trust level is nil with anyone at this company right now.

I WILL IMMEDIATELY BE SEEING AN ATTORNEY AND FILING A CLASS-ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST SIRIUSXM AND MARY FOR FRAUD/HARASSMENT IF ANY OF THE FOLLOWING OCCUR: ONE phone call, ONE email, ONE invoice, ONE piece of mail with an offer, the 2 stations still working on Wednesday and my radio not disconnected on 9/4. If that happens I will update here, and ANY AND ALL OF YOU HERE ARE WELCOME TO JOIN ME..

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Aug 29 #1205242 Eaton Rapids, Michigan

You sound like an irrational customer to me. You started out fine, and they canceled your service and gave you a refund. What difference does it make if it's still possible to turn your radio on and listen to Sirius XM for free? Just don't listen to it, you're already not paying for it.
The amount of rage you expressed is completely out of line and you sound like you were spoiling for a fight and no matter what they did, it wouldn't have been enough.
Sirius seems to be a good service although too pricey for me.

2 0 Reply

Sep 21 #1216218 Newark, New Jersey

I'm surprised he didn't know that the dealer promos are the Select package.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Sirius Xm Radio. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Sirius Xm Radio.
Filing a new complaint about